Knowing where the entertainment lies can be a daunting task. This guide will highlight the top 5 locations that are sure to be a hit with your family.
It can be a difficult thing to know where to take ones family for entertainment, especially when the area is on unfamiliar ground, read more from here. Here are the top five locations that will enhance your stay and provide the most family entertainment in Salt Lake City for a reasonable price.
Top Five Utah Family Attractions
- Utah’s Hogle Zoo has been recognized as one of the top zoos in the world and is one of Utah’s most popular tourist attractions. The zoo has been open since 1931, and is spread out over 42 acres. They have hundreds of animals to view, have carousel rides, train rides, shopping and more. They are located just 10 minutes away from Downtown Salt Lake City. Admission is free for children under 2, $5 for children (3-12) and seniors, and $7 for adults. If you are looking for a fun day in the sun, then the Hogle Zoo is just right for you.
- Discovery Gateway is the leading Children’s Museum in Utah. Located at the Gateway Mall and in the heart of Downtown Salt Lake City, it is very convenient and easy to access. The museum is spread out over 4 floors and 60,000 square feet. There are exhibits, workshops and plenty of things to do for children and adults alike. Admission is $8.50 per person. Discovery Gateway is the perfect break from shopping, and a great way to entertain the children.
- The Living Planet Aquarium is one of Utah’s newest tourist attractions. Open since 2004, they have expanded to include over 600 different animals with 150 different species. Located in Sandy, Utah, they are just 15 minutes away from Downtown Salt Lake City. Admission is free for children (2 and under), $6 for children (3-17), $7 for seniors, students and military personnel, and $8 for adults. If you love the world under the sea, then The Living Planet Aquarium is a must see.
- North American Museum of Ancient Life holds over 50 standing dinosaurs and over 100 flying reptiles. This is a very hands-on museum, where children can climb on, play with, and create their own fossils. There is a Mammoth Screen Theatre where 3-D shows can be viewed for maximum fun and learning. Admission is free for children (2 and under), $8 for children (3-12) and seniors, and $10 for adults (13 and over). Located in Thanksgiving Point, Utah, it is just 20 minutes away from Downtown Salt Lake City. If you are a fan of dinosaurs, then this is a must!
- Boondocks Fun Center is one of Utah’s newest family attractions. They offer things for everyone. They have batting cages, laser tag, miniature golf, rides and more. Admission can be purchased on individual activities or as an “unlimited package”. Pricing for unlimited all day passes are $16.95 for Junior Unlimited Fun (59 inches and under), and $24.95 for General Unlimited Fun (60 inches and above). Located in Draper, Utah it is 15 minutes away from Downtown Salt Lake City. If you are looking for something fun to do with a variety of activities at very reasonable prices, then Boondocks Fun Center is sure to be a hit.